The Tuscarawas County Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency has an opening for a position of Emergency Management Planner.
A sample of illustrative duties includes:
- Develop and update plans that are consistent with state and federal plan guidelines
- Update and maintain local resource inventories
- Develop trainings and exercises of local plans
- Assists with administrative and fiscal duties of the office
- Assists with grant applications and deliverables
- Bachelors Degree in Emergency Management or a related field, or work experience with acounty-level emergency management agency or local public safety organization
- Completion of the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Independent Study courses IS-100,IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800
- Possession of a valid State of Ohio Driver’s License
This wage base range for this position is $13.00 – $14.50 per hour (40 hours per week) based on education and experience.
Individuals interested in applying to this position should submit a cover letter, their completed employment applications (found at https://www.co.tuscarawas.oh.us/Employment.htm) and an updated resume to EMA Director Alex McCarthy at email@example.com by Wednesday, March 30th. These may also be mailed to: Tuscarawas County HS&EMA; 2295 Reiser Ave SE; New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663.
To view the position description, click here.